The members of each committee and the committee chair shall be appointed by the President with the approval of the Board of Directors. Members' terms shall be staggered, with an equal number of new members being appointed each year after the annual meeting of the society. The Chair of each committee is appointed for a one-year term, but the appointment may be renewed.
It is the responsibility of the conference committee to ensure continuity between meetings (both in terms of records and standards), and conducting and evaluating an annual survey of each meeting. The committee is also responsible for taking the lead in soliciting future conference sites.
- Heather Berlin (2010-2013) Chair
- Tristan Bekinschtein (2011-2014)
- Lisandro Kaunitz (2012-2015)
The student committee is made up equally of full members, and affiliate students of the society. It aims to foster greater involvement of graduate students within the ASSC, and improve ways in which the ASSC serves the needs of its student members. Its primary goal is to promote research and debate about consciousness among new researchers.
- Kingson Man (Student Member, 2010-2013) Chair
- Fauve Lybaert (Student Member, 2011-2014)
- Ting-An Lin (Student Member, 2012-2015)
- David Zhou (Student Member,2012-2015)
- David Edelman (Full Member, 2011-2014)
- Anil Seth (Full Member, 2012-2013)
It is the responsibility of this committee to implement standards regarding the qualifications for membership in all classes of applicants, and for assessing changes in membership status. It is the role of this committee to ascertain the reasons why members leave the association, attempt to locate members "lost" due to changes in email status, and to liase with the local conference organizing committee to ensure that the membership status of all registrants is valid.
- Juliane Wilcke (2010-2013) Chair
- Ian Phillips (2011-2014)
- Steve Fleming (2012-2015)
It is the purpose of this committee to select the recipient of the annual William James Prize for an outstanding published contribution to the empirical or philosophical study of consciousness. This award is open to graduate students and postdoctoral scholars/researchers within 5 years of receiving a PhD or other advanced degree.
- David Rosenthal (2009-2013)
- Stanislas Dehaene (2011-2015)
- Ralph Adolphs (2011-2016)
- Thomas Metzinger (2013-2017)
The elections commitee secures nominations by mail ballot for president-elect and members-at-large. The committee ascertains whether the nominees are qualified and willing to serve if elected and shall be responsible for making a preferential count of the election ballots. With the assistance of the webmaster the election will be run through a suitable online format. Once all votes have been recieved results will be reported to the membership.
- Executive Director - Olivia Carter
- Webmaster - Josh Martin
- Independent Observer - Joel Parthemore