ASSC 21 Call for Tutorials
------ Call for Tutorial Proposals ------
------ Deadline extended to December 15th!! ------
One aim of the ASSC meetings is to allow researchers to gain a background in an area of the scientific study of consciousness that they may know little about. The Program Committee invites proposals for tutorials on a range of topics in consciousness science. Tutorial presenters are expected to present not only their own material, but to give a broader tutorial overview and encourage discussion, debate and audience participation. A non-exclusive list of possible topics might include:
· Attention and consciousness
· Computational & other theoretical models of conscious processes
· Conscious and unconscious processing
· Neural basis of consciousness
· Criteria for the ascription of consciousness
· Philosophical issues concerning consciousness and representation
· Phenomenological methods for investigating consciousness
· Coma and altered states of consciousness
· Free will, responsibility, and decision making
· Function of consciousness
· Consciousness research in animal models
· AI, brain inspired intelligence, and consciousness
Each tutorial is intended to last approximately three hours. No person can be listed on more than one tutorial proposal.
Tutorial presenters will receive an honorarium for each tutorial. If more than one presenter is participating in a tutorial, this honorarium will need to be shared between all presenters in the tutorial. If the registered participants are less than 10, it will be cancelled.
Proposals should be no more than 6 pages in length and should include the following information:
1. Tutorial presenter(s)' contact details with affiliation, email, and phone number.
2. One page CV for each tutorial presenter.
3. Title and timetable for the proposed tutorial.
4. Summary or abstract of the tutorial, max. 300 words.
5. Clearly state the intended audience of the tutorial and its scope.
6. Indicate how you will encourage audience discussion and involvement.
7. Audio/Visual requirements.
8. Email your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org