ASSC 21 Call for Symposia
------ Call for Symposium Proposals ------
------ Deadline extended to December 15th!! ------
The Program committee invites proposals for symposia on any topic relevant to the scientific study of consciousness. Symposia/talks should be spread over topics in consciousness science, paying close attention to areas that may have been overlooked in previous years. ASSC has a strong preference for symposia proposals to focus on specific questions rather than a set of loosely related talks. Proposals that integrate multiple methodologies around common questions are particularly welcome. All else being equal, the program committee will favour symposia that bring together speakers from multiple disciplines and that include both experimental and theoretical perspectives. All symposium speakers will be provided with free conference registration and each speaker will also receive a monetary contribution to cover, at least partially, transportation and accommodation expenses (reimbursed at the conference).
Each symposium will be allocated a 2 hour timeslot. There is some flexibility as to the format of each symposium however, traditionally they have involved 4 speakers. Proposals should be no more than 6 pages in length and should include the following information to be submitted by the symposium chair:
- Chair’s address with affiliation, email and phone number.
- Draft title of the proposed symposium and titles for each of the individual talks.
- Summary of symposium, max. 300 words
- List of speakers with affiliations and contact details
- Planned structure, including time allotted for each talk
- Summary or abstract of each individual talk, max. 200 words.
- Audio/Visual requirements.
- Declaration that all speakers are aware of this proposal and have agreed to participate in the symposium if the proposal is accepted.
- Email your proposal to email@example.com